Re: Importing DHCPD into base tree

From: Andre Nathan <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 01:26:39 -0200

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     That is a real possibility.  I am not familiar with what OpenBSD did but
>     if their config file is compatible with or sufficiently close to or has
>     the same functionality as ISC's, then we should probably import it.

The config file syntax is the same, apart from whatever was added on
isc-dhcpd v3. Apart from the version issue raised by Scott, using
OpenBSD's dhcpd would require patching dfly's BPF to allow it to work
with privilege-separated programs (in fact the patch I sent some time
ago for a privilege-separated tcpdump included such change).

Andre