Re: Importing DHCPD into base tree

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:28:45 -0700 (PDT)

:On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>      isc-dhcp3 is a pretty ugly piece of code.  The last time I looked
:>      at it, which was about two years ago, I shivered at all the potential
:>      stack overflows and security holes.
:
:What about OpenBSD's dhcpd? I believe they have cleaned up the ISC code,
:and it now runs as an unprivileged user "_dhcpd".
:
:Andre

    That is a real possibility.  I am not familiar with what OpenBSD did but
    if their config file is compatible with or sufficiently close to or has
    the same functionality as ISC's, then we should probably import it.
    I trust code worked over by OpenBSD a lot more then I trust code from
    other sources.