Re: Booting problem

From: Justin Sherrill <justin.sherrill@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:11:28 -0400

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:58:54 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan
<rakhesh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's my setup: I have three disks. IDE. On a x86 machine. Two of them
> are primary master and slave. The third one is a secondary slave. They
> have many OSes installed on them, and I use GRUB to boot between these.
> I decided to install DragonFlyBSD on my third disk (the secondary slave)
> -- as the fourth slice of that disk (ad3s4). Everything went fine (nice

This may not apply, since you've already been successfully using this
setup, but I assume you have a CDROM as the secondary master?  I've
experienced 3 IDE disk setups that would have strange problems until
the CDROM was placed on the secondary slave spot - i.e. last.