Re: [ANNOUNCE] DragonFly BSD Installer BETA

From: "Jud" <judmarc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:15:13 -0500

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:15:01 -0700, "Chris Pressey"
<cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:55:43 -0400
> Jud <judmarc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > My system (Asus A7V333 with Promise 20276 chip controlling 2 IBM
> > 120GXP  hard drives in RAID-0 array, AMD XP1800+) just cycles through
> > reboots when  the installer CD is in the boot drive.  All other
> > LiveCDs I've tried work,  including DragonFly snapshots as recent as
> > June 18th.
> >
> > Jud
>
> Hi,
>
> In addition to Matt's suggestions, you can first rule out whether it's
> something specific to GeekGod's ISO by comparing it against one of
> corecode's snapshots from the same date (BETA was the 16th, BETA.2 was
> the 22nd.)
>
> The main technical difference from the snapshots is that CAPS is
> enabled.
>
> Knowing where it cycles into reboot would also be helpful.  What are the
> last few messages you can see before it reboots?  (Scroll Lock might
> help here, to pause the display)

My apologies for being imprecise.  The system never begins booting
DragonFly.  I see normal messages from the Asus BIOS and the Promise
(RAID) BIOS, then the machine shuts down and restarts.  It would be more
accurate to say the system cycles through 'restarts' rather than
'reboots.'

Jud