Re: VFS Help

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:20:18 -0700 (PDT)

:Hey, fellow DF users!
:
:I was curious, if I wanted to learn about the VFS subsystem, are there
:any good documentation references to accompany the code itself?
:
:I'm interested in the ACL support for the VFS that has been discussed
:and would enjoy helping with those effors.  However, I currently know
:nothing of the VFS other than a few bits and pieces I looked at in
:vnode.h and vfs_init.c.
:
:Any help would be appreciated. :-D
:
:-Mike

    Ha, finding documentation on VFS is about as easy as finding a fresh
    ice cream bar in a hay stack on a hot day!

    ACL technologies are primarily in FreeBSD-5.x.  I'm not against them,
    per-say, but I feel that the best bang for the buck will come more
    from something like OpenBSD's syscall filter.  What I would like to
    do is augment the existing jail code to make it more ubiquitous and
    far more powerful.  I don't think we'll have time to fit any of these
    ideas into the first release, we still have a lot of infrastucture work
    that needs to be done first, but it is in the cards.