Re: Unionfs etc Re: Packaging

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:05:08 +0100

On 12.03.2004, at 02:51, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
Another question: the FreeBSD porters' handbook requires you to create
a directory tree first in your temporary install directory when
building pkg-plist, and add any newly created directories to pkg-plist
with a @dirrm -- is this really necessary?  It seems to me that we can
just make pkg_delete (or its successor) remove any empty directories
it finds after deleting files, including /usr/local/share or other
"standard" places -- there's no reason to have these directories if
there's nothing in them.

If we use /usr/dflypkg/* (or else) and map that to /usr/local (or else), a pkg_delete will just remove the dir in /usr/dflypkg. Furthermore, we got a MTREE file for /usr/local too.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/#donate