Re: Goals for first release (June/USENIX)

From: Bernhard Valenti <bernhard.valenti@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:24:45 +0100

On 3/12/2004 2:01 AM, Erik Paulsen Skaalerud wrote:

i really like /usr/pkg, that pkgsrc uses.

Or simply /dfpkg

I dont think having DF in the name is necessary, but anyways, what about that VFS layer that was discussed on this list about half a year ago? Is this dropped or will Dragonfly have this one day? For what I can remember it could be used instead of varsyms and softlinks... I just dont like the idea of having thousands of softlinks in /usr/local, letting a VFS layer deal with it seems 'cleaner' to me.

Bernhard