Re: ad0: WRITE command timeout

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:59:19 -0800 (PST)

:I don't get this from standby mode.  I just get it during heavy read/write
:activity such as cvsup or buildworld.
:
:I am in the process today of moving my work from the current 4.8 system to a
:new drive, then installing dfly on the current drive, which had the problem.
:What would be the next step?
:
:jm
:--
:My other computer is your Windows box.

   Hmm.  Well, that error message is only supposed to happen after a
   10 second timeout.  If the buildworld is not coming to a complete
   halat for 10 seconds before producing the error then perhaps
   it could be a tagging issue.  Make sure that tagged operations are
   disabled (hw.ata.tags as reported by sysctl should be 0).