Re: ad0: WRITE command timeout

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:00:44 +0000

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 07:08:28PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
: :>
: :>     ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
: :>     ata0: resetting devices done
: :
: :I got it yesterday while compiling dfly on notebook (being on battery).
: :Notebook decided it is time to go into standby mode and after I pressed
: :keys to revive i got this notice. But compilation proceeded just fine.
: :
: :Toma?
:
:     I'm not sure there is anything that needs fixing here, at least
:     not unless the kernel gets an interrupt warning it that the
:     notebook is going into standby mode.  The write must have been
:     initiated before the notebook went into standby.

I don't get this from standby mode.  I just get it during heavy read/write
activity such as cvsup or buildworld.

I am in the process today of moving my work from the current 4.8 system to a
new drive, then installing dfly on the current drive, which had the problem.
What would be the next step?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.