Re: Background fsck

From: Dan Melomedman <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:31:18 -0500

Chris Pressey wrote:
> Can the design goals of DFly even *be* reduced to a sound bite that fits
> in a sig?  In a sense, I hope not, but in another sense, if they can't,
> the project's direction risks being unclear.

I wish there was an OS that was simple and made innovation easy. I think
DFly is partially on that path, but it's Unix and innovation is slow in
Unix. If we cross our fingers, it may just end up the most innovative
Unix the world has seen, or something along those lines.

This reminds me. Any opinions on exokernel designs?

--
"The crowd neither wants nor seeks knowledge, and the leaders of the crowd, in
their own interests, try to strengthen its fear and dislike of everything new