Re: Laptop getting hot

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:00:29 -0500

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
   I'm not sure what's going on... it should be in a halted state most
   of the time (i.e. 'hlt' instruction), unless there is something cpu
   bound running.

Speaking of 'hlt' instruction, if I revert the revision 1.22 of
sys/kern/lwkt_thread.c, the temperature stays low.

Hm... I observe something similar under VMWare: most OSes are fairly well behaved when idle (Windows, Linux), but DF is not and wants to consume as much CPU as I can feed it.