Intel ICH4 Mobile

From: Craig Dooley <cd5697@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:43:46 -0500

I got a new laptop, and had to patch ata-dma.c and ata-pci.c I believe
to add pci id's for the ICH4 Mobile chipset in.  It recognizes it
and can run the harddrive at ATA100, but the CD only runs at WDMA2.  Is
this normal for laptops?  If not i'd like to try to get that working.  I
can send the patch tonight when the girlfriend gets back with the
laptop.

Are we going to merge acpi tools from FreeBSD also?  Is acpiconf only in
5.x or is it also in 4.x?  I couldnt change the cpu speed using the
sysctls, but reading battery life worked fine.

Also, is there a reason for keeping USER_LDT an option in the kernel?
I didn't see why people would not want it anymore.  We only support 386
and above, so it's not that chips dont have an LDT.  I can see it adding
some time to context switches, but FreeBSD 5.x got rid of it, and it
would confuse people building wine (I guess people running dragonfly
have to have built their own kernels anyway).  Just a thought.

-Craig
Craig Dooley											craig@xxxxxxxxxx