Re: new sysinstall

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

:>      [ ] Begin or continue a standard installation, stage 1.
:>          (greyed out after you reboot into the HD).  This step
:>          involves Basic partitioning and CD image installation.
:>
:>      [ ] Begin or continue a standard installation, stage 2.
:
:The two minor things I can think of:
:
:- Wouldn't these two options be exclusive?  You are either on stage 1 or
:stage 2, but not both.

    When the installer is run from the CD then both options must be available,
    because the user might want to reinstall the HD from scratch.  When
    the installer is run from the HD then the user might want to use the
    first option to fdisk/partition additional disks, but we will have to
    make sure that we do not allow such to occur if they would interfere
    with any filesystems currently mounted.

:- These options should probably be the most visible, as they would be
:far and away the most used, I would think.

    They are at the top.