Re: Public events log

To: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:01:53 +0100

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
Something that always frustrated me with FreeBSD (and other projects) is that common problems get mentioned only in a mailing list, and then stored in a source text file somewhere. (Like when FreeBSD had that large mirror outage, or when repo damage happened to ports and you couldn't cvsup.)

I've always thought it would be nice to have a rolling summary that required less hunting. Sorta like Daemonnews, but specifically focused on mailing list activity.

I've been working on creating that over the past week, using Movable Type to structure the writing.

http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/

Any objections? This will be more useful as activity grows.

This sounds like a brilliant idea Justin! It's almost like KernelTrap.

	I will be more than delighted to reference this on the
	upcoming DragonFly web site.

Thanks...

--
Hiten Pandya