Re: vm structure and net-snmp

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:59:26 -0700 (PDT)

:at the moment I'm trying to compile net-snmp to get some nice statistics
:(with mrtg) for my box.
:But as VM already has diverged a lot from FreeBSD, it seems that some
:stuff needs rewriting.
:
:So the first questions arise:
:1. Do we already have an ,,own'' #define and version? this would be
:   needed for conditional code/configure

    Not yet.  I think it is time to do it, though.

:2. as i'm not much of a kernel hacker: vm_meter.c's vcnt is a sysctl
:   proc now. i guess there is no feasible way to get a nlist(vcnt) like
:   you could with cnt?
:   only thing i can think of is using sysctl like vmstat does. right
:   that?
:thanks, cheers
:  simon

    Right, you should use the sysctl.  The cnt structure is per-cpu and
    the sysctl will aggregate all the per-cpu counters together for you
    and present a single structure.