vm structure and net-snmp

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:18:07 +0200

at the moment I'm trying to compile net-snmp to get some nice statistics
(with mrtg) for my box.
But as VM already has diverged a lot from FreeBSD, it seems that some
stuff needs rewriting.

So the first questions arise:
1. Do we already have an ,,own'' #define and version? this would be
   needed for conditional code/configure
2. as i'm not much of a kernel hacker: vm_meter.c's vcnt is a sysctl
   proc now. i guess there is no feasible way to get a nlist(vcnt) like
   you could with cnt?
   only thing i can think of is using sysctl like vmstat does. right
   that?

thanks, cheers
  simon

--