Re: COMPAT_43 and the linuxolator

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:32:03 -0700 (PDT)

:[snip]
:
:> The trouble is that both the casting to a osockaddr struct and the copyout
:> happen in the syscall functions.  Thus it sounds like we need to implement
:> the legacy syscalls in the linux emulation code.
:
:[snip]
:
:I think I found a worthwhile solution to the problem.  Sorry for the noise.
:Patches within the week.  Jr. Kernel Hacker in training.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver@xxxxxxxxxxxx

    I think it's worthwhile to post a quick synopsis of the solution you
    found.