DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2004-11

Re: Wiki-fying docs

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:58:50 +0100

Andre Nathan wrote:

Does anyone have experience with mediawiki (http://mediawiki.org/)? It's
the wiki used at wikipedia.org, which I believe is the most well-known
wiki system out there.

The feature list (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_feature_list)
looks nice.

Yes, I've worked with it for a few months and found it very nice and convenient to use. IIRC it's based on mySQL, has some markup tags to write headers, create tables, include images and the likes. UTF-8 seems to be no problem. Don't know how it compares to other wiki software, though. If Justin were to use this software, I would certainly have no objections.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx