Re: fails to mount root

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:42:35 -0400

On Sunday 12 August 2012 10:51:45 Sascha Wildner wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:38:33 +0200, Pierre Abbat <phma@phma.optus.nu>
>
> wrote:
> > I tried an old CD of DFly 2.8.2 and it said "wrong superblock" when I
> > tried to
> > mount it. I'll try booting a recent version and see what happens.
>
> Were you using mount instead of mount_hammer?

I may have had the wrong partition. What happens if you mount a Hammer volume
on a kernel that was compiled before that Hammer version was introduced?

If I have to recover the volume, I have another partition on another disk, but
it's a LUKS volume. How do I unlock it when I boot from the CD?

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.