Re: cross-Compiling DFBSD on an Ubuntu machine.

From: "Dmitrij D. Czarkoff" <czarkoff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:14:50 +0100

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 02:27 +0200, karim.allah.ahmed@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, Ok .. Let me clarify. I'm extremely interested in
> virtualization, and particularly xen. So, I thought It would be a good
> idea to work on porting DFBSD as DomU for xen for education.
>

> Now, I'm not sure what should my development environment be like !
> What do you think is the perfect development environment to do so ?

You might want to set up a virtual machine. Then you could use your
preferred tools for development and only use DragonFly to build the
sources. NFS shares and ssh would help you making this process nearly
seamless.

As this solution seems pretty obvious, I believe there should be some
catch I didn't notice. Please comment if so.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff