Re: Install DragonFlyBSD on 32 MB RAM

From: v_2e@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:24:16 +0200

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:28:59 -0800
"Edward M." <martinezedward228@gmail.com> wrote:

>       try adding it to:
>

>      /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf

  Thanks! It helped!
  Now I can see that the same configuration file is mentioned on the
HowToPkgsrc page. But maybe it is worth fixing this page:

    http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/newhandbook/pkgsrc/#index7h3

as well, because that was the place where I learned about the
'/etc/mk.conf/ file?

  By the way, is it a good idea to disable the "threads' option when
building the applications on the machine with such a small amount of
memory as mine has? I'm not sure about the exact meaning of this option
- where can I get any description of it (as well as any other options)?

And also, the question about kernel build failure remains - I would
appreciate any input on that case as well.

  Thanks again.
    Vladimir

-----
 <v_2e@ukr.net>