cant change font size within gedit

From: "Edward M." <unixdragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:21:11 -0800

Hi,

I compiled and installed gedit from pkgsrc 2011Q1 to DragonFlyBSD 2.10.1. However when i go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Font & Colors" to change
the font size, the check mark cannot be remove to let me make the  changes. I was wondering if i need to add more fonts,etc  form pkgsrc or make changes to a config file?