Re: Is anyone still using gcc 4.1 on master?

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 07:36:15 +0100

On 11/8/2011 7:10 AM, joris dedieu wrote:
2011/11/8 Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado<iam@juanfra.info>:
On 11/07/2011 10:50 PM, Samuel J. Greear wrote:
Our C++ dependencies would not be that difficult to overcome and I
do not see why the system compiler should necessarily have to
support pkgsrc directly.
What C++ software or dependencies has DragonFly? I'm curious.
At least devd(8),

Joris

-- Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info

groff and gold linker are two more.
Tangential to the discussion of the lack of stated and current project goals, it's not a stated goal that DragonFly have a C-only base, nor that the virtue of simplicity is more valued over performance to the point of eliminating useful functionality. As Samuel alluded, that's what he thinks is best. I'm in the other camp and actually favor a system compiler capable of more languages.
John