jail -- ps: bad namelist - no kernbase

From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <pbraun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 03:29:49 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to run a jail guest and I'm experiencing a little issue. I can't ps,
ps: bad namelist - no kernbase
nor ping,
ping: socket: Operation not permitted

I installed it manually using cpdup (without any options) against memstick's content (same one I used to install the jail host: x86_64 2.8.2). Enabling procfs in the guest didn't help. There's no device files appart from log, null and random but guests's dmesg says it's mounting devs. I don't have any /etc/fstab but I don't think that's an no-no since I can see the and walk into the tree (root on / hammer). I'm running the default kernel. Any help?

Thanks
//Pierre-Philipp