Re: How to test and debug Dragonfly BSD?

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:33:25 +0100

Hi Sdävtaker,
Apparently your experience differs from mine. I've been running Dragonfly i386 and Dragonfly x86_64 within Virtualbox for a year now, and it works great. I've had no issues whatsoever, and that's on host machines of both windows and Solaris. We've even found and fixed a couple of bugs in Dfly due to running it inside vbox.

I think your vbox information might be a bit obsolete, or maybe there is something wrong with your instance of it.

It requires no tricks. I recommend that one picks FreeBSD or 64-bit FreeBSD as the OS when they create the machine.

Regards,
John