Linuxulator question, boot loader oddity

From: Tim Darby <t+dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 06:45:46 -0700

I'm running 2.8 now and it looks great so far.  I setup linuxulator
for the first time yesterday as follows:

- added linux_load=yes to /boot/loader.conf
- added linux_enable=yes to /etc/rc.conf
- pkg_radd suse_base
- mount -t linprocfs none /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc

Did I miss anything?  I've only tested it with java and that works fine.

Here's the weird part.  After I added the line linux_load=yes to
/boot/loader.conf, the machine failed to come up and landed me at the
mountroot prompt. That's when I noticed that loader.conf looked like
this:

VFS.ROOT.MOUNTFROM="HAMMER:SERNO/s0a4j1ta141435.S1D"
linux_load=yes

I tried changing the mountfrom line to:
vfs.root.mountfrom="hammer:serno/S0A4J1TA141435.s1d"

This fixed the root mount.  So, I'm wondering how my system was able
to boot before I made this change and why did simply adding a line to
loader.conf cause it to break?

Tim