Re: 2 questions regarding PF

From: Matthias Schmidt <matthias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 15:48:39 +0100

* Przemys??aw Pawe??czyk wrote:

> First of all I "said"/pointed at that DF lacks PF Guide known from
> OpenBSD. Yes, my language was "demanding" the more so DF PF 4.2 is
> different from PF 4.7+. The MAN page is not enough, some examples like
> the OpenBSD's "Firewall for Home or Small Office" would be highly
> advisable. From my point of view I do not understand why such important
> part of any today's operating systems is not accompanied with *good*
> packet filter guide(s).

Because somebody has to do it!  This is an Open Source project, so most
of the people do the work in their spare time (and this applies to 99%
of the developers in DragonFly).  Jan spend a considerable amount of
time to port PF and nobody ported the documentation yet.

I'm happy to integrate *your* port of the OpenBSD's documentation into our
official handbook.  Just port it, test it well on DF and send me the
files or put it on the website yourself.

Cheers

	Matthias