Re: MP BIOS bug on qemu from pkgsrc-2010Q2 on i386? - no linux boots

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:59:52 -0500

Siju George wrote:
MP BIOS bug: 8354 not connected to IO-APIC

this sounds like more of a linux question so probably better to check around in linux areas if I'm wrong - but you might try adding 'noapic' or maybe it's 'apic=off' to the 'kernel=' line in the bootloader -

should be 'e' in most grubs, then 'e' again on the kernel line,
then 'b'? to boot your edits for testing

another similar idea might be 'noacpi' just to see if that changes it,
perhaps change up your emulated hardware

last I tried I was able to boot but still had some timer problems (like 'sleep 1' taking 5s) on linux that I couldn't quite figgure out - but this seemed to be more to do with qemu's timer emulation and/or newer linux kernel interactions or something..

anyhow.. right.

good luck