Re: chlamydia inconsistency? part II.

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:06:57 +0100

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     A couple of things note when messing with pkgsrc:
>
>     * Remember that /usr/pkg also tends to contain configuration files
> that you may have edited, in /usr/pkg/etc, so don't accidently blow away
>       stuff you need.
>
>     * When doing major messing around with pkgsrc it might be prudent to
>       create a chroot'd copy of the system and do the messing around
>       inside the chroot instead of on the main system's directory tree.
>
>       It's easiest to just cpdup a copy of various things into the chroot,
>       and remember to do the second mount_devfs.  A more complex scenario
>       would involve a mix of cpdup and mount_null null mounts to construct
>       the chroot environment.

	This is my standard recipe for constructing a pkgsrc build chroot
in $DIR.

mkdir $DIR
cd /usr/srr
make DESTDIR=$DIR installworld
cd etc
make DESTDIR=$DIR distribution
mkdir $DIR/usr/pkgsrc
mount_null /usr/pkgsrc $DIR/usr/pkgsrc
mount_null /dev $DIR/dev

	I build with WRKOBJDIR=/usr/pkgobj so the build doesn't
pollute /usr/pkgsrc.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun