Re: chlamydia inconsistency? part II.

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:08:16 +0200

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 02:01:20PM +0200, Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:28:09 +0200
>
> My main workhorse is Scientific Linux (SL) 5.5- one of the Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux (RHEL) clone (it has all RHEL marks removed but it is
> pure RHEL just like PC-BSD which runs on "pure" FreeBSD).
>
> VirtualBox 3.2.8 r64453 (rather latest).
>
> I used DragonFly-x86_64-LATEST-ISO.iso from September 23.

[...]

> b) Creating bigger root and home partition were to remove the
> sig-faults. Alas, it didn't happen.
>
> http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_06.png -> mc compilation
> http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_07.png -> kbdmap
> http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_08.png -> kbdmap
> http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_09.png -> kbdmap
> http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_10.png -> kbdmap
>
> It seems to me that Francois Tigeot
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2010-09/msg00125.html
> was 100% correct.
>
> Francis, you wrote:
> Did you by chance customize any locale value ?
>
> I misinterpreted the word "any" relating it to keyboard language but
> probably it concerns **ANY** language settings - be it keyboard or
> console fonts, etc. I'm not sure which settings give the sig-faults as
> I changed all the three language values but your claims is valid.
>
> I hope the above screenshots will help to nail the culprit.
> Francis Tigeot wrote about devel/gettext-lib, here it was kbdmap.

gettext-lib provides a library which is used by all sort of third-party
programs for internationalization. sysutils/mc is one of them.

I was not aware about the kbdmap issue but I have just run a test and the
crash also happens on my system.
Since kbdmap does not use gettext-lib from pkgsrc, this must be an other
bug.

--
Francois Tigeot