Re: Why did you choose DragonFly?

From: "Yocto" <yoctogram@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:20:49 -0400

On Monday 20 September 2010 15:59:40 Colin Adams wrote:
In my case it was the name. I'm obsessed with dragonflies, and my photo

It's the name for me too, though I'm also drawn to HAMMER. I run ReiserFS on

Same here. :)
The name and the spirit, its community show, trying to push tech ( & new algo ) to their limits...
It was refreshing (inspiring) to see high level debates while following the HAMMER inception.
Anyone remember the memorable discussion (*) between Matthew Dillon and Daniel Phillips ? :)

(*) http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Comparing_HAMMER_And_Tux3

However, Matt goal were not for embedded system (read ARM) ...
So we are still ( and successfully ) using NetBSD 3 & 4 in production.

// Yocto