Snapshots ordering on slave and pfs according to freequency for snapshot management

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:52:09 +0530

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

> :For a MS Windows user it will look like the actual pic below.
> :
> :http://picasaweb.google.com/sgeorge.ml/OpenBSDDesktop#5462824618389365522
> :
> :Clicking on the snapshot Directory they can get the snapshot contents :-)
>
>    I am totally amazed that it actually works.  Wow, very cool.  Talk
>    about instant gratification!

It didn't work for the slave pfs because

/Backup2/www-5mbak/www-hot was a symlink to  /Backup2/pfs/www-hot/

When you share /Backup2/www-5mbak/ using samba you will see an icon
for "www-hot" and all the snapshots but you cannot access them because
they are not directly under the directory sahred using samba so I did
the following

Destroyed the pfs /Backup2/pfs/www-hot/

and created it in

/Backup2/pfs/www-5mbak/www-hot/

dfly-bkpsrv# ls -l /Backup2/www-5mbak/www-hot
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  31 Apr 23 14:28 /Backup2/www-5mbak/www-hot
-> /Backup2/pfs/www-5mbak/www-hot/

and shared

/Backup2/pfs/www-5mbak/

using samba.

And set the snashot directory to it

 snapshots="/Backup2/pfs/www-5mbak"

But the problem I face is that.

mirror-stream mirrors all the 5 minutes snapshots from the Master.

On the slave pfs my config is

dfly-bkpsrv# hammer config /Backup2/www-5mbak/www-hot/
snapshots 1d 2000d
prune     1d 5m
rebalance 1d 5m
reblock   1d 5m
recopy    3d 10m

for the daily snapshots with a prune-min=2d

So it seems the 5 min snapshots will never get removed during cleanup.

So I guess I will have to configure the 5 mins snapshots on the slave
and the daily snapshots on the Master to adjust things?

Thanks

--Siju