Re: CD Boot 2.6.1

From: Jim Chapman <cchapman8@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:26:29 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Hmm.  Very odd.  The disk doesn't have a slices struct.  Are any
    drives other than the CD detected by the system boot?  If so try
    disconnecting them and see if the CD boots.  I suspect there's an
    unformatted drive connected that is tickling the bug.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@backplane.com>

My system has a floppy drive and 2 ide drives. The master is a tape drive (sa0) and the slave is a zip drive (da0).

If I disconnect the zip drive the CD boots OK. I tried booting with a disk in the drive but it still failed.
I didn't try making the tape the slave and disconnecting it.

Thanks, Jim Chapman