Re: HEADS UP: BIND Removal. Short instructions for migration to pkgsrc-BIND

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:50:54 +0200

Jan Lentfer schrieb:

Have to correct my own guide :-(. This is working np it seems only when doing it manually but in my experience it didn't work correctly after reboot anymore.

Go to /usr/pksrc/net/bind96 (or bind95) and install the BIND package

# bmake all install clean

Copy or link the rc script to /etc/rc.d/
# ln -s /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/named9 /etc/rc.d/

Don't link, copy. It seems a link is not working during boot.

# cp /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/named9 /etc/rc.d/

Stop your base-BIND
# /etc/rc.d/named stop

Somehow on reboot the rc-script didn't pick up the right binary. So I also added:

edit /etc/rc.conf remove named_enable="YES", then add

named9_enable="YES"
named_chrootdir="/etc/namedb"
named_flags="-c named.conf"
named_program="/usr/pkg/sbin/named"

The BIND packaged from pkgsrc is running with user named instead of bind, so..
# chown -R named /etc/namedb

Start you pkgsrc-BIND
# /etc/rc.d/named9 start

Jan