Re: CD boot panic (2.6.1)

From: "Kiril Mitev" <kiril@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:24:55 +0100

From: "Justin C. Sherrill"
On Sat, April 10, 2010 12:21 pm, Kiril Mitev wrote:
Greetings list,

Just tried the 2.6.1 boot CD on my "just a random desktop" box which
panicked.
Follows is an abbreviated hand-scribed verion of the screen messages:

...stuff...
ata6: <ATA channel 0> on atapci3
ata7: <ATA channel 1> on atapci3
panic: ohci_add_done: addr 0x7b4c6f90 not found

Load ehci, maybe? It appears to be USB causing the problem, so loading that or maybe looking for a USB device to detatch would help.

Serves me right for not double-checking. Boots fine with mouse, etc detached.
and apologies for the noise.

I got curious and tested with fbsd8, nbsd502, and obsd46, all eventually
submitted and got as far as a recovery/fixit/etc shell prompt.
(side note, blue background for console text is horrible)

Meaning they had problems too, or completed boot?

Just a question of getting kernel + single user mode shell up without falling
through to any possible semi-auto-installations. I've never touched [on]bsd
before.

KM.