Re: Working on a security program

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:04:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Walter wrote:

> And I'm thinking it'd be good to check if any of the system
> programs are changed - check the date-time stamp and size.
> These sorts of things can be done on a low rate periodic
> interval.

See mtree. It can be used to periodically check if files changed. It can
create a specification which lists the files and attributes and then
later you can use mtree to compare the actual files with that previous
specification.

Also run "pkg_admin check" (with -q if you want) for checking package
provided files.