Re: PFS mirroring insted of RAID Improved set up - need comments.

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:53:38 -0400

On Sun, March 28, 2010 9:06 am, Siju George wrote:

> 5) After Installing Updates to dfly system or pacakges on the first
> disk rsync from / to the second Disk using the --exclude option to
> exclude home, tmp, usr, var, pkg directories ( PFSes )

Why not have a UFS /boot and make / Hammer too, so that you can avoid
rsyncing almost entirely?  I've never tried it, so I don't know if it
would work, but it would be cool if it did.

> I guess mirroring will not spread file system corruption on first disk
> to the second Disk as in RAID ?

If it's a hardware problem, it would copy the errors but not the problem.
If you still had "good" data in an older snapshot on the slave, you would
be fine.