Re: DragonFly main rsync mirror (chlamydia) DOWN

From: Matthias Schmidt <matthias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:24:10 +0100

Moin,

* Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Are there plans to set up a master mirror for Europe
> from which other European mirrors could download?

I definitely support the idea of having a central mirror in Europe (or
in $continent), but IMO the server has to be under control of the
DragonFly team.  Or least more than one active committer should have
access to the machine (two or three including Matt).  Simply to avoid
that this mirror also disappears without former notice and we have to
clean up the mess afterwards.

If somebody provides a machine with decent network connection and space,
I'll happily help out as admin :)

Cheers

	Matthias