SAS RAID controllers support

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:02:38 +0100

Hi,

I'm curious about the state of hardware RAID controllers in DragonFly.

I know there is some sort of support for old 3Ware SATA cards. Nowadays
I'm more interested in SAS controllers, especially since cheap versions
can be found onboard recent entry-level server mainboards.

My goal is to use two SATA drives in a mirroring configuration.

Would a LSI1068-E controller be usable with DragonFly-2.4 ?

Can the status of the RAID volume be probed from the OS ?
Is there any way to get an email alert on a disk failure ?
Can the volume reconstruction be managed from the OS in the event of a disk
replacement ?

Inquiring minds want to know !

--
Francois Tigeot