HAMMER in real life

From: Attila GOLONCSER <agoloncser@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:25:38 +0100

Hi All,

it would be nice from you if you have any experiences on using HAMMER
in production/real life (no matter under how much load). I took a look
on the documentation, and do not found the flag that "this stuff is
experimental, use it on your own".

Why I'm asking this?

1. I didn't found information about this topic on google, shame on me.
2. I'll have a chance to play, deploying a Samba PDC in a small office
of a friend of mine. And I still not determined the final version of
the underlying infrastructure. As the office is running a charity
service, I don't want them to pay me a lot of bucks. So I wanna create
some kind of "self serving" backup and restore function to the windows
clients, where a snapshot implementation is a really helpful feature.

My choices are:
a) FreeBSD with gmirror and implementing the snapshot function via hardlinks
b) FreeBSD + ZFS
c) experimenting with Dragonfly + HAMMER