Re: [Fwd: avalon pkgsrc DragonFly 2.5.1/i386 2009-11-05 02:34]

From: Thomas Adam <thomas.adam22@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:05:58 +0000

2009/11/12 Johannes Hofmann <johannes.hofmann@gmx.de>:

> I certainly like pkgin, but we should decide whether to advertise
> pkg_radd or pkgin. Too much choice could be confusing.

Hehe, it's an interesting point.  pkg_radd, pkg_search, etc., all do
one thing, and one thing well.  For me, since I am lazy, pkgin is
useful just because one command exposes all the options of searching,
installing, dependencies, etc.

But either way, I can and do use both of these tools when the occasion arises.

-- Thomas Adam