Re: Fedora developer interested in DMA; query about build process

From: Michel Alexandre Salim <michael.silvanus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:11:54 -0400

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Matthew
Dillon<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>    I like the concept of throwing together an export hierarchy,
>    but it might be too much maintainance to physically separate
>    the git components out within the primary repo.

Using git submodules, the maintenance required should be almost zero,
I should think:

  http://progit.org/book/ch6-6.html

The only change needed is at first clone, and I guess at every update:
one would need to check the list of submodules currently available,
and initialize any that has not been initialized yet.

Regards,

--
Michel Salim