Re: Grub boot-loading HAMMER

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:47:47 +0200

rektide wrote:
After these install procedures, I tried using grub to load the slice.
I tried chainloader'ing it, as well as specifying a kernel
/boot/loader.  The first gave me an Error 13: invalid or unsupported
execution format" and the second an Error 17: unable to mount
partition error.

Does anyone have suggestions for getting Grub to dual-boot a HAMMER
DragonflyBSD?  If this is hopeless, what can I do to place the
absolute minimum amount of code on a bootable non-HAMMER area, and the
dominant part of DBSD in Hammer?

Hopeless. You'll at least need a /boot UFS partition. Also you'll probably have to modify grub to read DragonFly disklabels (although I have a setup here booting with grub, so I don't know how I managed that :). Oh yes, you'd need a disklabel32, not a disklabel64 to have the slightest chance of making grub work.

Or try a /boot in ext2, then also grub should be able to read it :D

Alternatively you could try using a chainloader in grub.

cheers
  simon

--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low CHF NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /