Re: dragonfly- UFS + HAMMER + mirroring setup designed instead of RAID - Is this OK?

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:49:06 +0530

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Matthew
Dillon<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>    In anycase, if redundancy is that important to you for the backup box
>    then I recommend a combination of a SATA SSD (SATA-based solid state
>    flash drive) and two hard drives.  Put the main system on the SSD and
>    only use the hard drives for the two HAMMER filesystems.

Thanks for the info Dillon on the pfs naming convention and idea about
mirror stream.
Since you recommended SSDs before I tried to get them from vendors I
know but most of them haven't even heard about it ( I am from Kerala,
India ).

Will a USB Flash drive serve the same purpose?
Something like.

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sa/sandisk-2gb-cruzer-micro-u3-usb-flash-drive.jpg

Are they as reliable as the SATA SSD you mentioned. it is available
with the vendors ( 8GB )

thanks

--Siju