Re: Consequences of major libc changes

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:28:23 +0300

Hasso Tepper wrote:
> * There is major problem with DragonFly that too many packages need
>   patching to include unistd.h - especially stuff using C++, but C
>   packages as well. This might be right thing to do, but I still would
>   like to avoid it. Any ideas?

As two persons already asked, I didn't explain clearly enough ... ;).

The problem is that there is too many packages with common problem (for
DragonFly) - they don't include unistd.h, but compile regardless of that
on Linux, NetBSD and FreeBSD, seems. Many of such packages are C++. Maybe
there is something wrong with our compiler? Examples of such packages are
ham/fldigi, x11/nucleo and editors/notecase.

--
Hasso Tepper