Re: mount_null in vkernel

From: Johannes Hofmann <johannes.hofmann@xxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jan 2009 14:43:46 GMT

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
> Johannes Hofmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a reason that mount_null is not allowed in vkernel
>> environments? With current HEAD and a rootimg set up as described
>> in vkernel(7) I get:
>>
>> # mount_null /etc/ /mnt/
>> mount_null: vfsload(null): Operation not permitted
>
> You need to allow module loading into the vkernel.  Honestly I don't know
> why it is disabled by default.

Thanks Simon!

I just added

options         NULLFS

to my VKERNEL config and now it works and allows to reproduce
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue1196
It only seems to happen if the null-mounted directory is on HAMMER.
The type of the filesystem holding the mountpoint doesn't seem to
make a difference.

 Johannes