Re: Installation on Yet Another Netbook

To: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "nntp.dragonflybsd.org" <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:57:34 +0100

Am 15.01.2009 14:35, schrieb Sascha Wildner:
Michael Neumann schrieb:
It is safe to add that to the nrelease Makefile (of course working on
the vnode device instead of sd0)?

I agree with Simon that packet mode should be default, but it should not be done in the 'img' taget, but instead in the installer (and hammer.sh).

Why not in the img target? This means that for some people it won't generate a bootable img file. Not something we want!

I have no clue what exactly packet mode is (boot loaders are all ugly legacy stuff), but it it works on more machines than without packet mode, I'd argue to turn it on in the img target by default and have an option to generate a non-packet-mode image.

Regards,

Michael