Re: PPTP VPN client

From: "Dennis Melentyev" <dennis.melentyev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:41:59 +0200

2008/12/5 Dennis Melentyev <dennis.melentyev@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> In FreeBSD ports exists an mpd daemon for PPTP connections. I hardly
> can find it in pkgsrc (well, it's not portable enough).
>
> What could be used on DFBSD (client side) to create PPTP tunnel with
> MPPC/MPPE without involving manual build from sources?

Investigated so far:
 - pptp lacks encryption (according to pkgsrc package info)
 - poptop is server-only (am I correct?)
 - openvpn does not provide PPTP
 - pppd/ppp does not provide PPTP/GRE
 - mpd is not buildable (although, it's dependency, libpdel was forced
to build (just a bunch of #ifndef __DragonFly__ here and there, mainly
netgraph includes layout, FILE* cookie handling and
NG_HOOKLEN/NG_PATHLEN macro's))

The biggest problem with mpd is it's Makefile, which relies on
bsd.ports.mk and so on. This would be too tough for me to port today.

Still welcome every idea on the name of the tool.

If I would be fresh enough, I'll try to build mpd4, but I don't feel
too optimistic.

--
Dennis Melentyev