Re: Acer Aspire One (150)

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:09:46 +0800

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Christopher Rawnsley
<rawprawns@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2008, at 04:09, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>>
>> Could be; look at the dmesg if you can to see if it sees the device.  It's
>> possible that the network device is an ath(4) chipset, in which case you
>> would have to boot a kernel with it compiled in?  I'm guessing.
>
> It's an "Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet" (Sorry I couldn't find the chipset
> number). I'm fairly certain that it is supported by a recent driver added to
> FreeBSD head ( ale
> http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20081030040637.GA78796 ).
>
> Can you dmesg from the remote computer?

Would you be interested to port it from FreeBSD?  My plate is kinda
full at the moment.  Please feel free to ask questions on kernel@ or
users@, if you want to do it.

BTW, is anyone interested to port age(4)?  I got a private mail from
one of the possible users about it :)

These two chips seem more and more common these days.  However, I
don't have any (they should be LOM).

Best Regards,
sephe

--