Re: pcmcia cards on Sony laptop

To: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:26:40 +0200

Justin C. Sherrill schrieb:
I'm still working on getting this Sony PCG-R505EL to boot DragonFly - it
does that just fine, but I can't get it to notice any of my PCMCIA cards. I insert any card, and there's no reaction - nothing in messages, no
lights on the cards. I can confirm the cards are functional, and the slot
of the system should be working.

Relevant parts of dmesg:
cbb0: <RF5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 3 at device 5.0 on pci2
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
cbb0: Unsupported card type detected

That last unsupported message happens during boot with no cards inserted.

Searching around on the web for BSD-related notes on it has only got me a
few reports of people complaining about it not working, after going from
FreeBSD-4 to FreeBSD-5.

Justin,

does it make a difference if you plug in the card prior to booting? Or if you boot without ACPI?

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx